Cycling can certainly make you feel good about life. Whether you want to improve your fitness, do a little something for the environment or have a little fun with your family, pedal power can really get you going. The cycle routes through the Discover Stratford area combine both the heritage and the uniquely attractive landscape of South Warwickshire.
Many of the routes in the South Warwickshire area covered by Discover Stratford have links with the national cycle routes. These offer the keen or occasional cyclist the opportunity to detour from the national routes and experience some outstanding countryside and rural villages and towns. All of these routes offer the chance to stop for a visit, enjoy some refreshments in pubs and local restaurants and of course the opportunity to just enjoy the view.
You are able to obtain details of well established routes via SUSTRANS and also Warwickshire County Council. Three particular routes have been developed around Shipston on Stour, these routes link to Moreton-in-Marsh, Brailes and Southam. These routes have been designed for cyclists of all standards, abilities and ages. More information can be obtained by clicking on the links below.
- Stratford upon Avon cycle routes map
- Sustrans National Cycle network
- Warwickshire County Council Cycle Routes
- Routes for around Dorsington and Welford via Weston on Avon (12 miles) and Quinton to Hidcote gardens and Ilmington, returning through the Stour villages (24-27 miles) can be found in the Stratford-upon-Avon - Ilmington - Hidcote Manor - Welford-on-Avon map
- Feldon and Ironstone villages (Shipston-on-Stour to Southam) National Cycle Route 48
- The Two Towns Cycle Route (Shipston-on-Stour to Moreton-in-Marsh) National Cycle Route 48
- Cotswolds and Feldon Cycle Route (Shipston-on-Stour to Brailes) National Cycle Route 5
- National Cycle Route 41
- National Cycle Route 5
- The Greenway, Traffic free cycling from Stratford to Long Marston
Cycle friendly places to stay
Local Cycling Events and Groups
- Shakespokes - Local cyclists running local rides. Regular 'Turn up and ride' events open to all (please observe the club rules).
- The MACRIDE tour (2012) Two new routes for 2012 (55miles and 25 miles) around Stratford-upon-Avon - next event is 9th September 2012 with new routes
- Parkinson's UK Pedal Stratford - 3 routes for all abilities to raise money for specialist Parkinson's nurses throughout the country, starting at Stratford-on-Avon Racecourse. One of Four events accross the country