Originally Wellesbourne was two villages, named Wellesbourne Mountford and Wellesbourne Hasting, divided from one another by the River Dene. The two parishes merged in 1947 to form a single village which we see today as Wellesbourne.
Wellesbourne has a small airfield (Wellesbourne airfield ) which was used during the Second World War. Today it is home to flying clubs who offer flying training and aircraft hire. The site also holds the popular Wellesbourne Market every Saturday and Bank Holiday. It is one of the largest outdoor markets in the country.
To see more information on this busy and interesting village vist Wellesbourne Parish Council website.