In 1840, the parish of Sutton-under-Brailes was transferred to Warwickshire from Gloucestershire. It was originally part of the possessions of the early Saxon monastery of Deerhurst.

The main portion of the parish lies on the right bank of the River Stour and just across the river lies the village, its stone-built houses and cottages grouped round the green and surrounded by trees.

To see more about this village vist the Sutton-under Brailes website.