Priors Hardwick

Priors Hardwick is so named as the manor belonged to the Priory at Coventry. It lies six miles south east of Southam and there are a number of old houses around the village green with 'The Butchers Arms' dating from 1562.

The original settlement is on the government's list of Scheduled Ancient Monuments with most of the village being enclosed in a Conservation Area and in 1836 the village became part of the Southam Poor Law Union which ran a workhouse in Southam.