Moreton Morrell is an ancient settlement, mentioned in the Domesday Book as Mortone, on the Roman Fosse Way. From at least early Norman times it has consisted of the village of Moreton and the hamlet of Morrell.
Moreton Hall was completed to a lavish design, in 1909, by Charles Garland, a wealthy American. The house was eventually turned into the Warwickshire Institute of Agriculture in 1948 and is now part of Warwickshire College.
Today Moreton Morrell consists of the villages of Moreton Morrell, Little Morrell and the hamlets of Moreton Paddox, The Fosse Way and Three Gates. More information can be found on the Moreton Morrell website.