The village is well known for it's three garden centres all located on the A435 near to the Dog Island junction with the A4189. At the northern approach to the village stands the Church of the Holy Ascension set back from the main road.
A settlement appears to have been at Mappleborough Green from an early date. The village was originally known as "The Haywood" which in 1201 Peter Corbizum granted to William son of Geoffrey. This land was surrendered to Peter de Montfort of Beaudesert in 1341.
To see more information on this village visit the Mappleborough Green website.