Great Alne

Great Alne is a village located 3 miles north-east of Alcester. It takes its name from the River Alne and it was first chronicled in the charter of King Ethelbald 723-737. The Mother Huff Cap public house is mentioned in 1675 as one of the six prime post ways of the London to Shrewsbry Road lying 104 miles from London.

To see more about this village visit the Great Alne Parish Council website