The name Binton comes from Bina's Ton and it has 4 entries in the Domesday Book of 1086 as there were 4 major landholders. Binton Manor was bought in 1670 by Edward Viscount Conway of Ragley Hall and the title remains in his family. The Conways owned most of the village by the 19th century and they built the present church in 1875.
Between the Norman Conquest and the Conways' buying of the Manor, it had belonged to many different families. The Wyncote family held it for the longest period: from 1325 until 1531.
For more information on Binton visit Bintons parish website.